With a bohemian spirit and a true sense of authenticity, Johnny Was takes their inspiration from anything that is beautiful, genuine and special—a striking piece of artwork, the luxurious hand-stitching on a vintage dress or the natural simplicity of a vibrant bougainvillea.
Their signature embroideries and effortless silhouettes are unparalleled. After more than 30 years of our artisan-inspired stitch work and luxe fabrications, the undying allure speaks for itself. For the woman looking to showcase her personal style, while appreciating the thoughtful details of timeless techniques.
Johnny Was, For the Woman Who Is a Flower Child on The Inside
At Studio MG, our collection includes the bohemian brand Johnny Was. We cater to the individual who embraces bold prints & bright colours.
What Sets Studio MG Apart Regarding the Scarves We Offer
Life is too short to not express yourself through what you wear. Our collection has been designed for those who want to stand out from the crowd and the exquisite elements that embellish our pieces:
- Material. Our sublime Johnnywas scarves are made of sultry Silk–to the touch and shimmery to the eye. Wearing a silk scarf is an easy way to add an element of class to your outfit, whether you want to impress at work or turn heads at a more casual get together.
- Design. The patterns that adorn our scarves include popping florals in a kaleidoscope of colours that create a youthful look. True to our identity, we also have scarves with an oriental influence if it’s a culturally cool look you desire.
- Detail. Our scarves come with a tassel detail that adds some dynamic to our pieces. Our prints include paisley forms and mesmerising mosaic.
Creative Ways to Wear Your Johnnywas Scarf
The size of our scarves makes them versatile, where you have the freedom to create an inspired item of clothing just as an artist might a work of art.
- Headwear. Don’t wait until you have a bad hair day before you consider donning a headwrap. There are countless ways for you to create a wrap to enhance your facial features. Other options for wearing your scarf include a hairband or pony tie to turn your hairstyle from standard to outstanding. If it’s a more graceful look you’re after, why not try the babushka, where you make a triangle out of the scarf, cover your head with it and tie it under your chin. Yes, the way European grandmothers wear it traditionally but brought back to life on recent runways.
- Top. If you’re feeling brave on a blisteringly hot day, you can transform your scarf into a boob tube to bedazzle your bust, alternatively a halter neck for an effortless look that is sure to turn heads.
- Scarf. If your more conventionally inclined, adorn your neck with our range of scarves for every day of the week. There are also several ways in which you can wear our scarves. You can wrap them around your neck, choker necklace style or drape it loosely for a more relaxed look.
About Studio MG
For sophisticated scarves that will complete any look, contact us and experience what it means to find your freedom in the clothing you wear.