J BRAND is a leader not just in the sustainable denim and fashion spaces—they aim to embody the elevated lifestyle of today’s consumer. They create denim and ready-to-wear pieces with an emphasis on innovation and sustainability, and a keen awareness of the impact they have on the world at large. Passionate in their belief that the person makes the outfit, not the other way around.
J BRAND was originally founded in 2005 in Los Angeles. At the brand’s first fittings, the designers renounced the relaxed fit that was mainstream at the time, and the first true skinny jean was born. As the first denim company to introduce a skinny silhouette to the global market, J BRAND soon introduced other directional silhouettes and fabrications. Today, these styles are the foundation of their DNA and are known as permanent Icons.
J Brand Jeans Australia
Choose Stylish and Sustainable J Brand Jeans in Australia
Blue denim – once the uniform of labourers and designed to do the dirty work – is now a fashion staple throughout the globe. Used in clothing, shoes, accessories, furniture, and even vehicle upholstery and art, it’s one of the more versatile fabrics. From raw, unwashed denim to stretch, indigo to acid-washed, skinny to bellbottom - the denim jean is for a casual, workplace or even high fashion look. Made from cotton with a nuanced twill weave, denim fabric was first invented in Nimes, France, which is where the name ‘denim’ comes from – a shortened version of ‘serge de Nimes’ meaning ‘serge from Nimes’.
Unfortunately, post-production treatments use a lot of water and need hard work from artisans, making denim unsustainable in the long run. As using up the planet’s resources and causing workers ‘blood, sweat and tears’ is ‘so out of style’, mindful owners of brands such as J Brand Jeans in Australia and Citizens of Humanity have devised more sustainable ways of washing and weathering denim without compromising on quality. We stock both brands to offer responsible consumers like you ethical fashion choices.
Benefits of J Brand Denim
Types of denim finishes include Indigo (named for the blue dye), stretch (includes spandex), acid-washed (uses chlorine and pumice stone), stone-washed (faded, well-worn look), crushed (pre-wrinkled) and raw (unwashed). After construction, articles are either rubbed by hand with pumice obled together with the stone in a washer, placing an unacceptable burden on water and workers. Originating in 2005 in Los Angeles in the USA, this iconic and eco-friendly brand is:r tum
- Sustainable. We use recycled cotton, biodegradable Tencel fibres (made from wood pulp) and botanical polyester in our jeans and other clothing.
- Recycled and upcycled. We recycle our hangtags, hardware, and thread as far as possible and with waste fabric upcycled as insulation.
- Water conscious. We use only a teacup of water: where pumice stones leave a residue requiring a water wash, our eco-stones and laser distressing (instead of sandpaper) technology don’t, and our BlueCycle technology uses up to 90% less water by employing ozone mist machines and nanobubbles.
Pioneers of the skinny jean, this iconic brand has collaborated with several designers and includes high-rise, mid-rise, skinny straight, and jeggings to suit your mood and occasion.
One pair of jeans can take up to 50 different steps to produce and are usually handcrafted. To make sure all steps and processes are sustainable and to a high standard, this producer of premium products employs vertical integration. In other words, they have control over all steps and processes, which include:
- Using advanced technology. We use laser, ozone systems and high-efficiency machines to save water and automated cutting for optimal efficiency and reduced fabric waste.
- Handcrafting with care. About 40 expert garment workers work on each pair, and it is hand-inspected to ensure you receive a premium product made with skill and integrity.
- Precision pattern-making. We test and retest each design prototype for fit to ensure product perfection.
This Los Angeles-based brand offers you a wide selection of well-engineered styles, including skinny, wide, flared, boot cut, boyfriend and relaxed, with mid and low-rises for your comfort.
About Studio MG/MG2
We are family-owned and run across two stores plus a clearance outlet and our online shop. Our range includes fashion-forward clothing brands from Europe and the USA, including activewear and shoes, stylish accessories, homeware, and gifts. Studio MG was born in 2001, followed by MG2 in 2006 to encompass on-trend casual basics.
If you’re looking for the perfect pair of jeans and want to shop brands that are kind to people and the Earth, look no further: skinny, relaxed, straight or any style in-between, find the ideal brand and design online now. Call or email us or sign up for our newsletter to be the first to hear about launches and promotions.